VISO Virtual Information Security Officer
Can’t afford a CISO? Why not “rent” one?
Large companies can afford a full-time Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to help drive the security strategy and assess risk, but what do smaller companies do? How do you set a strategy, given the large number of solutions that are available to secure different parts of the network when you can’t afford to hire a full-time person for this critical role? Many organizations are turning to our VISO™ program, and are benefitting from engaging with a true security professional without incurring the cost of a full-time resource (that’s often difficult to hire).
ISO Mentoring and ISO Outsourcing
We offer two unique programs to fulfill the needs of your organization.
- Our VISO™ Mentoring Program fills the education gap by providing mentoring and oversight for the individual who is the organization’s designated ISO.
- Our complete VISO™ Outsourcing Program provides you with an Megahertz security professional who serves as an extension of your business and is responsible for the development, implementation and management of your organization’s corporate security vision, strategy and programs.
Our VISO™ program includes the following items, and more:
- Information Security Strategy/Process Development
- Information Security Risk Assessment
- Security Controls Implementation
- Security Process Monitoring and Updating
- Security Oversight and Reporting
- Participation in IT Steering, Audit and Board Meetings
- IT and Information Security Audits and Regulatory Exams
- Management Consulting for GLBA Compliance
Megahertz brings a unique set of skills and experience to ensure that our customers receive the most comprehensive, cost-effective security services available. All senior security professionals that participate in the virtual information security officer program hold multiple advanced security certifications, such as:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certificated Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certificated Fraud Investigator (CFI)
An extension of – and empowerment for – your IT security staff
The virtual information security officer works across all business and functional lines to ensure a strategic and comprehensive approach in mitigating operational risks. Through research and benchmarking, our VISO™ will work with you and your designated ISO (if necessary) to define your desired state and to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates. We will also assess your current state, and initiate security program development based on a gap analysis. The Virtual ISO cycle is complete with strategic planning (prioritization, tasks, and timelines). Need more information? Contact us to get answers to your questions.