Manufacturers change the world
Industrial revolutions are characterized by how we manufacture the goods that people need and want. Together with the generation and supply of energy, production line technology is the engine of economic growth and change. That was true of the first Industrial Revolution and it’s true of the latest: what most commentators call ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution – or Industry 4.0.
At Megahertz along with Cantier Systems are at the forefront of that historic change. Not just because we are experts in the digital technologies that are transforming manufacturing, but because we are active in the global Manufacturer World.
Practice not theory
We know what your challenges are because they are our challenges too. We know what it takes to compete in a dynamic sector, and how we can apply new technologies like Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine-learning, and all forms of automation and robotics, to the cutting edge of manufacturing. We can make a difference to where it counts the most: on the production line, day in, day out.
Your challenges are our challenges too
As we seek to master new technologies and production techniques, we can use that experience to help you do the same. We are constantly looking to leverage emerging technologies across the production cycle, and are leading the movement from mass-manufacturing to tailored production.
We are working to ‘servitize’ manufacturing so that our customers get what they want in an agile and cost-effective way. To do that we are delivering digital transformation within our own facilities as well as those of our customers, enabling them to keep ahead of the curve.
The key themes of our approach are:
- Ensuring automation complements the skills of the workforce ensuring humans and machines can work together, side-by-side, and hand-in-hand, and will be empowered by digital transformation to be more productive and focus on high value tasks
- As production lines become more automated and Industrial IoT becomes more prevalent, we are working to ensure security at every stage of the production process to protect both IP and output
- We are seeking to protect networks without hindering their operations within the factory and across the supply chain
- We are working to make supply chains more transparent and frictionless so that lean manufacturing can be leaner, and customers can be assured of their products and services
- Leveraging the power of the cloud is vital, and we work with you to choose the right model for your objectives
Manufacturing is about culture as well as technology
The new era of manufacturing is about more than technology. It’s about the culture of your organization, and how you take your people with you as you digitally transform your business. It’s what we are doing within Fujitsu, and it’s what we can help you achieve.
Industry 4.0 goes beyond investing in machines and digital technologies, it demands new ways of working and innovative business models. Machines will be talking to other machines far more in the future, but it’s vital that people do as much talking or the project will fail.
Transform the way you think about manufacturing
Manufacturers have pioneered the use of sensors and data-based monitoring, but today’s advanced networking, real-time controls and machine intelligence are taking the sector to a new level of sophistication and productivity. It is becoming a hyperconnected industry.
That’s what the term Industry 4.0 describes. It goes far beyond automation and is reinventing manufacturing. Hyperconnected technologies are enabling you to better understand your operations in real time to optimize and transform your interaction with suppliers, partners and customers.
Get it right, and the cost to produce a single item can be very close to what it would cost if mass produced. That’s a game-changer. It allows you to offer new, smart services and shift to much more service orientated business models.
The fastest industrial revolution of them all
Manufacturing is being transformed. To keep pace, it’s vital to de-centralize your production processes and achieve a tight and fine-grained integration of smart services and your value chain. Digital is central to achieving that objective successfully. At Fujitsu, we are helping manufacturers like you to transform the way they think about their business. We’re helping to integrate your customers, suppliers and partners into your global supply chain and achieve dynamic control of every facet of your complex operational needs.
An Industry 4.0 primer
Our study on the strategies of German manufacturing companies provides important insights that will inform your own plans. We carried out the study with PAC, a CXP Group company, and one of its main headlines is the fact that about 90% of manufacturers say that digital transformation will have a high impact on their business model, but only a third have a detailed strategy and roadmap to make the most of the opportunity.
How can we help?
Co-Creation of Industrial Value Networks is in center of our Industry 4.0 approach. As well as consulting on the implementation of Industry 4.0, our approach is focused on three main pillars:
- Collaborative Engineering (Engineering Cloud Orchestration, Design & Simulation Tool Integration, Design-Data Management).
- Information Creation at the Edge (e.g. Asset Tracking & Tracing; Supply Chain Transparency; MRO-Optimization; Work-in-Progress Management)
- Industrial Analytics (e.g. Predictive Maintenance; Quality Assurance; Machine Utilization and Demand Forecast) are part of our I4.0 portfolio.
All underpinned by our Integrated Industrial Cyber Security expertise and experience
To learn more